Pages

where sisters, sibling rivalry, and creativity collide.




Monday, July 11, 2011

Mini Lemon Cupcakes

I sort of got pulled in by a new (to me) blog this week.  Maybe you've already seen it - the pictures are beautiful (and mouth watering), and the writing is hilarious.  It's called Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. Read it. You'll fall in love. Anywho,I had signed up to take a dessert to the church potluck (yes, I also took pulled pork)...and I was sort of in the market for an idea.  I ran across her Lemon Filled Mini Cupcakes and my search was ended.
Super simple yet absolutely adorable...check.


I made up a Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme cake mix according to directions...it made about 85-90 ish mini cupcakes.

After cooling, I squirted lemon filling (purchased at Cash and Carry) into the middle of each cupcake using a medium decorating tip (see picture below).


The side of this tip reads 'Wilton 5' (which sounds a bit like it should be a 60's British rock band).


The final step was to pipe on lemon frosting - I used Betty Crocker's because, well frankly it was because I was being lazy.  Start at the outside and swirl around to the center.  Easy peasy.  The side of this tip read 'Wilton 21' (which sounds like a group of people who crash landed on a deserted island and had to survive...oh wait, that's Lost...)


1 comment:

  1. I love your logic behind making mini cupcakes for a potluck. Brilliant!

    Thanks for checking out my watermelon cake pops! I'm your newest follower and would love if you followed me back!

    ReplyDelete