Pages

where sisters, sibling rivalry, and creativity collide.




Sunday, September 8, 2013

Pinterest Recipe from Sherri

Peppermint Pattie Brownies
 

I saw these and thought of the three things I had to bake for on Saturday - thus, why this is very nearly late.  I had volunteered to bake for a Poker Tournament that we weren't going to - we even bought in (purchased a place at a poker table) just so we would seem to be supportive AND the cross country team was working out AND I had promised my Gospel Doctrine class I would bring treats today.  So, baking away I went on Saturday.

This is where I found the recipe:  http://www.howsweeteats.com/2012/11/peppermint-pattie-brownies/

I follow this blog because she is creative without being weird. And she can be very funny.

Here are my hints:

1.  Make a box brownie mix if you are in a hurry.  Cool it in the fridge and make them medium thin.

2.  Really fluff up the peppermint layer.  I didn't go quite far enough - it was still good - and when I put on the ganache it was flat.  I almost wish I had done 1 1/2 batch of the peppermint, maybe next time.

3.  I added twice as much heavy cream to the ganache as it called for so I could pour it over the individual brownies.

4.  Thinner brownies are better.  Since you have to refrigerate after you spread on the peppermint thick brownies get VERY fudgy.  This isn't a bad thing but my GD class wanted milk.

Overall a very good recipe that was a nice change from frosted brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment