Pages

where sisters, sibling rivalry, and creativity collide.




Friday, September 6, 2013

Pinterest Recipe By Suzanne

This is a ridiculously easy recipe, but it sounded good. The link to the original Tomato Bruschetta.
The added bonus to this recipe is that I have an amazing neighbor that supplied the delicious tomatoes and the basil.  Thank you Emily!




Tomato Bruschetta
 (serves 2-4)
Ingredients:
Several large organic tomato, cut into fourths horizontally
                                                         mozzarella 
2 cloves of garlic, minced
small handful of fresh basil, chopped
pinch of coarse salt
pinch of freshly ground pepper
1-2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
Directions:
1.Turn on Broiler
2. Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet (I lined mine with foil). Top with garlic followed by cheese. Drizzle with oil and broil until cheese is melted. Sprinkle basil over tomatoes once it's out of the oven.
Review:
I loved them!  They can definitely be adjusted to taste.  I didn't use bread crumbs like the original recipe, maybe next time.  I'd also use other cheeses to see how that goes.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I am going to try them for sure. I am posting mine tomorrow since it is a dessert I have to take somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! We have some tomatoes outside too...if the thunderstorm last night didn't do them in.

    ReplyDelete