Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Wherein Thrifting and Sewing Share Top Billing
I cut off the trim (from the white cotton that formed the plain top of the bedskirt) so that I had a long continuous line. I cut that line into three equal parts and on the bottom one, attached 10-ish inches of the white cotton. I sewed that into a tube and then sewed the other two pieces of trim into tubes. I spaced them out on the bottom trim (with cotton) and top stitched them into place. I then simply folded the top down to make a two-inch pocket of fabric to hold my elastic waistband. I threaded the elastic and sewed it in place.
Voila! Now the Ya-Ya is ready to dominate Summer. Pity Summer. It's going down.