Pages

where sisters, sibling rivalry, and creativity collide.




Saturday, April 7, 2012

Crafting with Marcy

I spent Thursday evening crafting with Marcy. I'm hopeless at making jewelry on my own - there's just too many tools and wires and pins and beads and and and...my eyes tend to just glaze over when I'm in the jewelry section of Michael's and I always end up walking away empty-handed. Not this time. I now have a little firmer grasp of how the stuff goes together and what I would need to make some types of necklaces (the easy types).
Marcy put this together while coaching me in remedial jewelry construction.

One necklace, three options.

This was pretty fun to make - and super simple. Love the alcohol ink used for the aging effect.
Same-ish technique here.  Again, simple.

                  Two more necklaces...has anyone noticed a common theme to all of these?                    Interchangeableness (my spell checker assures me that interchangeableness is not a word, but I disagree).

2 comments:

  1. It is indeed a word...one I use often. I had so much fun doing this with you I opted to use the technique as my Demo/Make-N-Take on Saturday.More fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I love the whole idea of interchangeable jewelry.

    ReplyDelete