Pages

where sisters, sibling rivalry, and creativity collide.




Thursday, September 8, 2011

Yam-Salsa Meatballs


I made meatballs on Sunday. Secretly. While the children were watching VeggieTales, I loaded the slow cooker and disposed of the evidence.
At dinner time, the children ate ecstatically. "I love this dinner!" said several children. Trevor asked me what was in it. I told him Costco meatballs. He said, "Yum! Maddie needs to know because I'm going to marry her when I grow up!"
We'll never mind this recipe was born because I had inadvertently picked up a can of yams at the store, not realizing we were out of cranberry sauce. 

Yam-Salsa Meatballs
frozen meatballs (about 2 lbs.)
small jar of mild salsa
large can of yams, drained

Fill the slow cooker about 2/3 full with frozen meatballs. Mash the yams with a fork (or blender). Stir in the salsa. Pour over the meatballs and stir. Cook on low for about 6 hours.

For cran-salsa meatballs, replace the yams with one small can of cranberry sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment